Wednesday, March 3, 2010
I love the old time, classic look of these headbands. I have had my eye on these for quite some time, but they would cost me 12 plus dollars at the store. So, I finally got smart enough to check one out closely while I was at the store, and the secret was felt! Who knew?
I will be selling these, but I figured I would give anyone who reads this some instructions on how to make their own, if they feel so inclined!
What you need:
- Headband ... I bought mine for a dollar at Walmart.
- Black Felt ... two medium sized circles (make sure the circles are the same size).
- Black Feathers ... any craft store carries these.
- Embellishment (optional)
- Hot glue.
Instructions (sorry no pictures, I will remember to take some next time):
- Glue one circle of felt to the inside of the headband a little past halfway (or wherever you want your feathers to be).
- Glue the other circle of felt to the top of the headband, directly on top of the first piece of felt.
- Start by gluing the feathers to the middle of the felt, and then glue to the sides,bending the feathers so that they swoop up towards the center.
- Feathers should be facing upwards.
- Fill it in completely, you don't want any felt showing.
- Add embellishment to the bottom center of the feathers.
- Wear with pride!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
All of these hand paintings were inspired by Pottery Barn bedroom collections! The paintings are done on a wooden plaque. I can do any combination of colors, just send me a pic of your little ones room and we can customize some plaques just for them!
Also available as bow holders for the ladies, and hat hangers for the men :)! Just add $2!
I can't figure out how to turn the pictures around, they aren't crooked in my photo file?! These are a favorite! They look great all by themselves or paired with a bows! It is a piece of cake to stick the single pronged bows through the weave, so mixing and matching is a breeze!
I love these flowers, they are so versatile, made for all ages. My little 18 month old and I can share hair accessories! They can be made on a clip to sweep that hair back, or put on a headband! Sweet and Sassy ... Love Them! All you need is a piece of felt (29 cents at Joannes), hot glue, rhinestone, clip, or headband!